The phone number listed in the order will receive SMS updates regarding when the delivery task was started, the driver's ETA, and when the order is completed. The text is usually sent when the driver is approximately 5 minutes away.
In this image you can see the driver is the circle on Bryant Ave and their destination is the pin on Lumbar Rd. It then states under the drivers name that they're 5 minutes away.
Other sms notifications that may be received are:
- Task Started is triggered when the driver starts the task from the driver app.
- ETA is triggered when the ETA falls below a certain threshold, which you specify. Note that these ETAs are calculated only for the current task - for future tasks, use Predicted ETA.
- Driver Arriving is triggered when the driver is within 150 meters (~500 feet) of the destination.
- Task Completed is triggered when the driver completes the task from the driver app and marks it as succeeded.
- Task Failed is triggered when the driver completes the task from the driver app and marks it as failed.
- Predicted ETA is triggered when the predicted ETA of a downstream unstarted task (i.e. not the current task) falls below the specified threshold.