What type of license does a merchant need to deliver alcohol?

  • Updated

Merchants can deliver beer and/or cider directly to a customer from a licensed NYS brewery or cidery as long as that brewery or cidery has an active On Premise license in addition to their manufacturing license. If they do not have an On Premise license, they cannot deliver their product directly to a customer, only to licensed retail locations. 


For more information on New York State guidelines, please see the New York State Brewers Association website here.

Was this article helpful?

0 out of 0 found this helpful

Have more questions? Submit a request